- Download 46
- File Size 250.82 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date December 21, 2020
- Last Updated December 22, 2020
Disability Inclusion Facilitators - Call for applications!
Light for the World is looking for creative and critical thinkers to support its Economic Empowerment pillar - under the InBusiness Initiative.
We’re looking for creative, self driven individual who is passionate about disability inclusion, team player who will serve as an advisor and a change agent.
- Must be a person with disability.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in disability inclusion related field
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to engage with cultural humility and an awareness of one’s identity and privilege
- 2+ years facilitation experience (bonus points for formal training)
- Passion for and deep understanding of disability, diversity, equity, and inclusion in organizations, as demonstrated through education, work, or volunteer experience .
- Experience facilitating workplace training - we're excited about facilitators from a variety of professional backgrounds including corporate learning and development, executive coaching, grassroots organizing, higher education, government, and the non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of office workplace dynamics and operational considerations that might affect clients
- Project management experience and strong organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate learning sessions on disability, bias, anti-racism, gender discrimination, anti-harassment, feedback and communication, management practices, and/or other related topics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
What you might do:
- Lead in disability inclusion: Advocate for change in our partner institutions and communities, sparking a passion for inclusion among organization leaders, administrators, employees and communities giving them the practical guidance they need to make disability inclusion work.
- Coach leaders: Provide executive and leadership coaching to partner institutions and communities on inclusive management tools and practices.
- Design learning sessions: Create learning content around the topics in disability inclusion tailored to the needs and context for our clients.
- Deliver learning sessions: Facilitate learning sessions in a variety of formats virtually and in house for our partner institutions and communities located across the country.
- Provide advice, guidance & support: Function effectively as a collaborative team leader and a source of inclusion information and support to Light for the World partner institutions and communities.
- Promote good relations and practices: Facilitating work relationships among youth with disabilities, fostering full participation and social connections in the partner institutions and communities.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Carry out regular monitoring, learning and evaluation visits to the partner institutions and communities.
We’re a team that believes in the values of continual learning, creative engagement, and research-driven results. This position is ONLY open to youth with disabilities.